Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Kiss The Dead - Salinger

Tres sorry ya'll, unlike Bolingbroke, my only online connection has ever been dial-up and friend's internet. And now phone. But I have a cheap phone and don't have an app for Blogger and I'd really like to include pictures, but can't so that's why I make ya'll wait and wait. And you love me right? =]

Okay, so Kiss The Dead by Laurel K. Hamilton



Bolingbroke pretty much said the main faults of the book. 
  • Still too much sex
  • Anita's morality is still an issue
  • She's spouting out tween lingo now
  • Her height bother's her (though it shouldn't since she's "tough as nails" now)
  • The sex again
  • Where is this series going?
  • Pointless
 I'll give LKH props for toning down the sex scenes down just a notch, but they're still there, for those of you that enjoy them. Also there was more Marshal Anita Blake and I liked that, but from page one all the way to pretty much chapter 17, it was all her investigating one crime scene, going to the next clue onto Boring St.

Anita is becoming too powerful and if the main character can bend time and become Neo..well what the fuck next? What other bad guy is left for her to beat up? I'm too involved in the series to just stop reading it, still hoping that this little ray of light will turn into a decent book and get things going back in the, in my opinion, the right direction.

~Salinger

No comments:

Post a Comment