Monday, January 9, 2012

The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien


I have a confession to make. Come closer, a little bit closer, :cups hands over mouth: I watched the LOTR movie trilogy before picking up any of the books. Okay, another confession, I just finished reading The Hobbit. Like two days ago. =x

That having been said, I loved it. Tolkien was a genius, a true master of his craft, he honestly had a way with words. The Hobbit was more than a book, it was pure poetry from start to, to be continued.Because we all know that's not where the story ends. Bolingbroke and I, are now very anxious for the movie to come out. At the end of the year! Grr.

Sorry, sorry, I'm getting sidetracked. This first book is Bilbo Baggins' story, and if you've already seen previews, you know about all the dwarves that come to visit him. And Gandalf. This is their story. And unfortunately I can't, won't say any more. It was a very easy read, you'll have to trust me, it is good, very good.

~Salinger

No comments:

Post a Comment