Thursday, January 12, 2012

Insidious

Insidious was by far one of the creepiest movies I have thus watched in my adult life. The movie came out last year, (read Salinger’s post for the movie details) and I really wanted to go watch it but didn’t have time. However what I got was not what I expected. Horror movies nowadays are lacking in fresh ideas and in attempts to scare, they are like Salinger briefly stated, lacking a simple underestimated technique of scare tactics. Instead of showing the audience a brandished corpse in the raw, what we got were unexpected shots of lurking demons that made you think you were crazy too. Also the demon child Idea is perfect because, demon Childs are extremely creepy. This is the only film to creep me that far out since “The Mothman Prophecies”. Killer moths are fucking scary ok, I don’t care what you think, and moths are evil! Anyway watch Insidious and rekindle your faith in the horror movie genre again.
P.S
While watching this film we were frightened by the UPS man. Say no to doorbells.

No comments:

Post a Comment